The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Stafford
Senior Transport Strategy Officer
This job has been closed.
Staffordshire County Council, as the local transport authority, is responsible for improving transport provision within Staffordshire. Local transport has a huge impact on people’s lives and is at the heart of the decarbonisation and sustainability agendas.
We are looking for someone who has experience working within a consultancy or local authority setting in:
- transport planning,
- highway engineering or
- town planning environment.
You'll be part of a growing team that is involved in collecting and analysing transport data, working with local planning authorities on their Local Plans, writing a new Local Transport Plan for Staffordshire, and bidding for funds to help to deliver sustainable transport schemes on the ground.
Please note: If you are looking at this advert on an external job board, including WMJobs or Indeed, before you apply you should view the job description and person spec:
If you have relevant experience working as a transport consultant, transport planner, highway engineer, town planner or related profession, and are enthusiastic about promoting the sustainable transport agenda, this job is for you.
- Taking a lead role in the development of the Local Transport Plan and transport bids including the writing of reports and business cases.
- Providing transport planning advice and support to the Council and external organisations, including local planning authorities in the development of their Local Plans and other planning functions.
- Managing and overseeing the completion and evaluation of highway and transport projects.
- Representing the Council at public meetings
- Providing specialist support in analytical transport planning, including GIS analysis.
- Maintaining strong oversight of transport policy at a local, regional and national level to inform the Council’s transport policies and strategies.
The Ideal Candidate
You'll have a degree in a related subject and/or experience in a transport planning or related profession, such as town planning or highway engineering.
You'll also have experience or understanding of the following:
- Development of transport strategies and policies
- Analysis of transport planning and GIS data
- District/Borough Council Local Plans
- The role of Local Government
- Working with external bodies e.g., District/Borough Councils, key stakeholders and elected Members
- Participating in multi-disciplinary teams
- Managing projects
If you would like an informal discussion about the job, please contact Annabel Chell, firstname.lastname@example.org
About Staffordshire County Council
We are no ordinary county council:
The core of who we are as an organisation. Just like we all have personal values that shape our thoughts and behaviour, organisational values drive how we think and act collectively.
Our values were created and shaped by colleague feedback and national best practice and they sit at the heart of People Strategy:
We have a real sense of community spirit that brings our people together. This feeling of belonging means we are all connected to what we do and take pride in the difference we make every day for Staffordshire people. We are ambitious and our sights are set firmly on a better future.
We look forward and race ahead - that goes for your career too.
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits.
Our recruitment process:
As an Authority we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, a Silver Award Armed Forces employer and our commitment to supporting care leavers - we offer a guaranteed interview as long as your application meets the minimum criteria for the post.